Ever-popular, the 1oz Credit Suisse gold bar is a classic gold bar bullion product. Perfectly rectangular and minted in gleaming 24 karat solid gold, they have been produced at the Valcambi refinery in Switzerland for more than 40 years and like all Credit Suisse gold bars are backed by the world famous Credit Suisse bank of Switzerland. When it comes to quality, authenticity and craftsmanship, these Swiss gold bars rank amongst the best and are accredited by bullion exchanges around the world including the all-important London Bullion Market Association. Trusted and recognized worldwide they play a fundamental role in the gold bar bullion market, minted primarily for investment purposes as opposed to cast bars that serve a fabrication purpose as well.
Identifying 1oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars
With our handy tips, you can be sure your hard-earned money is spent on the genuine article. Watch out for these pointers as each and every 1oz Credit Suisse gold bar is stamped with five important pieces of information:
- The trademark logo of ‘Credit Suisse’.
- The words ‘Fine Gold’ denoting its bullion content and weight in Troy Ounces (1 Troy Ounce = 31.103 grams). The Troy Ounce which is used for precious metals should not be confused with the usual ‘Averdupois’ ounce (used in the kitchen!) which equals 28.350 grams.
- The numbers ‘999,9’ which denotes the bars purity in millesimal fineness. This means 999.9 parts gold out of a thousand i.e. 99.99% pure gold (anything above 99.90% is 24 karat gold).
- The logo of Valcambi, the assaying refinery – ‘CHI Essayeur Fondeur’
- A unique serial number by which a bars authenticity can be traced.
Why 1 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars Are Popular
1 ounce gold bars in particular are popular with investors as their weight ties up with the spot price of gold which is quoted in ounces. This makes it easy to calculate the value of one’s gold holdings. For example, if you own five 1 ounce gold bars and the spot price of gold is $1000, you immediately know that your investment is worth $5000. Also, gold bars in general are popular with investors as opposed to coins, as they carry one of the lowest premiums on gold bullion.
Premium is the price above the market value of the gold bullion that represents refining, manufacture and delivery costs. A 1 oz Credit Suisse gold bar will cost you less to purchase than a 1 oz gold bullion coin. They therefore represent an excellent vehicle to invest in the gold bull market.
In addition, 1 ounce gold bars are small and conveniently sized thereby giving investors the flexibility to add to or reduce their holdings easily – slicing off an ounce of gold from a 100 gram bar is not really an option! For larger investors who, for example, do not wish to deal with fifty 1 oz bars, the 10 oz Credit Suisse gold bar is also available thus requiring a holding of only five bars.
In summary, 1 oz Credit Suisse gold bars are an excellent choice for the gold investor. They are one of the most cost effective, liquid, trusted and popular ways to own gold. Buying online is extremely convenient and safe.